[OccupyCU] Perhaps we should carpool to this event: Public Hearing on the Mahomet Aquifer / Thurs Aug 16; 1pm; Monticello

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 21:23:34 UTC 2012

Perhaps we should carpool to this event:
Public Hearing on the Mahomet Aquifer ["Keep PCBs out of Mahomet Aquifer"]
Thursday, August 16
1pm
Piatt County Farm Bureau / 427 W. Marion Street, Monticello, IL
State Representative Naomi Jakobsson will be there.

An information only hearing for HB 6153 (EPA Hazardous Waste Siting)
will be held at 1:00 pm on August 16 at the Piatt County Farm Bureau
(427 W Marion Street, Monticello, Illinois).  This is the bill that
will prohibit disposal of PCB-contaminated waste at the Clinton
Landfill.  The bill is sponsored by Rep. Naomi Jakobsson and
co-sponsored by Reps. Chapin Rose and Chad Hays.  You can read the
full bill at http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=84&GA=97&DocTypeId=HB&DocNum=6153&GAID=11&LegID=67109&SpecSess=&Session=

This is a formal hearing and there will certainly be a time limit
imposed on speakers, so various groups will have designated
spokespersons. HOWEVER, we hope there will be lots of you who will
come to show your support with your attendance.
--
Want more information? See: Aquifer Watch CU ; www.aquiferwatchcu.com