[OccupyCU] [Peace] caroling caroling caroling?

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Fri Dec 14 21:49:02 UTC 2012

How can we put into a Xmas carol that Obama had his defense secretary quietly announce today - in contrast (to put no finer point on it) to Obama's own protestations in the campaign that US troops would be withdrawn from Afghanistan by the end of 2014 - that on the contrary the US would have "an enduring presence" (perhaps 60,000+ troops) there indefinitely after 2014?

Or perhaps a carol about the children he's killed - and continues to kill - with drones, while he speaks affectingly about murdered American children?

"Washington Post Friday, December 14, 2:17 PM. Here is a ... transcript of President Obama’s remarks about the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., on Dec. 14, 2012:

"'...We’ve endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years. And each time I learn the news, I react not as a president, but as anybody else would as a parent. And that was especially true today. I know there’s not a parent in America who doesn’t feel the same overwhelming grief that I do.

"'The majority of those who died today were children -- beautiful, little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old. They had their entire lives ahead of them -- birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own. Among the fallen were also teachers, men and women who devoted their lives to helping our children fulfill their dreams...'"

One would have to be a sociopath not to see that his words apply to the children he's killed.