[OccupyCU] [Peace] caroling caroling caroling?

Dada Vedaprajinananda dada at dadaveda.com
Sat Dec 15 00:04:26 UTC 2012

Just name the day and time and place.

Dada

From: Stuart Levy
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 5:58 PM
To: C. G. Estabrook
Cc: Moonyeen Carlyle ; Chris Evans ; ocCUpy ; Pam Carsey ; Elizabeth Simpson
Subject: Re: [OccupyCU] [Peace] caroling caroling caroling?

Parallels between regrettable-but-inevitable drone bombings and inevitable-but-regrettable school shootings are too grimly apt.

We could really, really use a song about drones.   Has anyone heard any?   (Maybe from Harry Shearer?)   I can try for simple protest signs, but songs are beyond me.

Looked at Roy Zimmerman's facebook page to see whether he's been thinking along those lines.    His latest is about the prospects of life on Mars - yielding new opportunities for imperialism.    But no drones that I can see, yet.

>From a couple of months ago, a Pakistani woman singer came out with a song whose refrain runs, "My gaze is as fatal as a drone attack."
   http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/13023455-romantic-pakistani-song-from-peshawar-makes-reference-to-drone-attacks
Unfortunately for our listeners here, it is in (I think) Pashto.

It is just so much easier to bomb people whose languages we don't speak.   Maybe that could be the subject of a song.

Meanwhile I'd still like to go caroling with whatever we can come up with.   Who is in?

I've heard from about 3 people, Dada (yay!), Ya'aqov (interested if we can get organized enough to hold a practice session and sound decent by the time we're on the street), and Moonyeen.