[OccupyCU] let's meet Monday @ IMC - 6pm for caroling planning/practice, 7pm for meeting

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 16:00:52 UTC 2012

Hello Occupiers,

Let's meet on Monday in the usual SDAS room in the basement of the IMC --

    at *6pm for those interested in practicing/planning carol-singing*,
as Ya'aqov suggests, and
    at *7pm for our regular weekly Occupy meeting*

A couple people have said that next weekend (Sat/Sun) is best for them
for going caroling.
We can decide on Monday.   Tentatively how about Sat 12/22, from 7-9PM.

Conrad Wetzel is announcing the 6pm Monday meeting, and possible
next-weekend caroling date(s), at the Mennonite Church this morning.
He's *also* suggesting to gather afterward for coffee, cookies, hot
chocolate, etc.  Either at the IMC or, Conrad generously offers, at the
Mennonite Church (Lincoln and Springfield).  Sounds like fun!

If we get to the point of having conversations about local issues with
people, Eleanor has printed many copies of the Aquifer Watch leaflet -
talking about the proposed toxic landfill, which promises to affect the
water we all depend on.

Taking suggestions for songs of Christmas, peace, social justice....
I'm happy to print song lyrics and bring recordings so we can practice....

      We Wish You a Merry Christmas
      Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel
      Ain't Gonna Study War No More
      Union Maid

Please suggest others.   Moonyeen has sent substitute lyrics to several
familiar carols.   And I'm tempted by an austerity song, "Bread and
Roses" <http://www.rustling.org/2010/04/bread-and-roses.html> (1911) --
anyone know this one?