[OccupyCU] Conglese workers families Flex nGate still "Occupy" their homes

Paul Mueth paulmueth at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 08:56:13 CST 2012

________________________________
FYI

FBook by
	* GEO
Thanks to everyone who wrote emails about the Congolese workers unfair apartment
situation:

Friends and Allies -

I am very happy to report that Royse & Brinkmeyer Chief Operating  Officer Colin
Carlier spent Valentines Day evening hand-delivering  letters to the Congolese
households on Mattis Street offering them the  opportunity to renew their
leases. We have spoken with 8 of the 11  families, and we're pretty confident
the other three also received  similar offers. The company's decision to reverse
its unfair decision  came just about five hours after you first began to send
email and make  phone calls.

This is a real testament to the power of  collective action to make a real
difference for working families. Of  course, for these families, this is just
the beginning of their struggle  to build a better life for themselves in the
United States. Many of  them still face serious health and safety issues on the
job, and must  stretch to make ends meet every month. We remain committed to
helping  the workers at Flex-N-Gate to form their union. We're in the process of
planning a series of public actions in late February and early March.  It's
great to know that we can count on an active, committed, and  effective group of
activists in Champaign and Urbana to help us.

On behalf of the families and workers, our sincerest thanks for your efforts.

Chris Schwartz, UAWLike ·  · Share · 9 hours ago ·
link http://justiceatflexngate.org/