[OccupyCU] Reminder! ARTS UNDERGROUND | Please Forward

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 09:47:56 CST 2012

*Please forward widely and attend this Friday!
*
*ARTS UNDERGROUND | An Occupation of Radical Art-Making
*Friday, Feb. 24th, 2012 | 8pm-midnight* (*following the Occupy GA)
Independent Media Center Basement--Family Room, Zine Library, + Studios

Info: It's time we occupy discourse, media, and cultural knowledge
production. It's time our stories are echoed through the streets of our
community. The Occupy movement is alive and well in Champaign-Urbana and
all occupiers are called to an artmaking convergence in the basement of the
local Independent Media Center in Urbana where we'll be making zines,
prints, posters, screenprinting, performance, and more. This is a call to
all occupiers--whether this is your first time engaging in local Occupy
efforts or your 1,000th--let's gather together. ARTS UNDERGROUND is a space
for working on projects whether you plan to organize collectively or
kick-it alone--the opportunities are yours. Food + some art supplies will
be provided along with facilitated workspaces, music (provided by DJ
Array), and resource-sharing. All are welcome.

This is an all ages event. Kids are welcome.

Invite your friends on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/events/243012295784056/

*ARTS UNDERGROUND Schedule:
*"The Power of Arts as Activism" (Welcome + Panel Discussion)------------8pm
-8:30pm
Collective Art-Making in Workspaces----------------
----------------------------------8:30pm-11pm
Occupiers Convergence (Exhibit and Distribution Planning)-----------------
---11pm-midnight
ARTS UNDERGROUND Music Show------------------------------------------------
midnight-?

*ARTS UNDERGROUND Workspaces:
*Screenprinting (TBD)-----------------------------------------------
--------------------------Studio B
Zine-making (Rachel
Storm)---------------------------------------------------------------Zine
Library
Print-making + Poster Design (Sarah Beth
Woods)------------------------------Basement
Hallways
--------------OddMusic
Closet
Music-Making/Song-Writing (Jacob
Studio

Join us.

*Flyer design by Josh MacPhee from Justseeds