[OccupyCU] Arts Underground Distribution--Midwest Zine Fest

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:37:41 CST 2012

Occupy--

Thanks to everyone who helped make ARTS UNDERGROUND as amazing as it was!
It was mentioned at *Arts Underground* that we'd make an effort to compile
art that was created into scans, zines (self-published, easily copy-able
books), and prints for distribution.  It was suggested that Midwest Zine
Fest (at the IMC) would be a great place for us to display the work, give
it away, etc. I've registered Occupy so that we'll have a spot at the
Zinefest before the spots are gone!  I'm planning to go to Midwest Zine
Fest with my partner (but we have plans to have our own table, too). We'll
need to figure out who would be interested in being at the Occupy table,
but we have much time for that.

I've collected the work from Occupy and I'm going back to the IMC tonight
to pick it all up so we can start making scans, etc. Is anyone interested
in working with me to bind zines, make the work *pretty* (get it copied on
colorful paper, etc.?) so we can start having some work ready for Midwest
Zine Fest? I plan to attend tonight's Outreach Committee meeting and
discuss this more there, too.

E-mail me if you're interested in working to create prints and zines.

Warmly,
Rachel

*Thanks for reserving your exhibitor spot at Midwest Zine Fest!*

*Your participation will help make the event a great success. We've just
sent you an email receipt of this donation. If you'd like, this can be a
tax deductible donation. Let us know when you arrive if you'd like to have
a receipt for tax purposes, or contact
us<http://midwestzinefest.ucimc.org/contact>
.*

*Return to the Zine Fest website <http://midwestzinefest.ucimc.org/> to
interact with other attendees, contribute to the workshop submissions and
schedule.*

*You can also contact conference
organizers<http://midwestzinefest.ucimc.org/contact> for
more information or to ask any questions you might have.*

* *

*Your organizers, Jeanie, Maggie & Chris.*

*» Tell a Friend*<http://ucimc.org/civicrm/friend?reset=1&eid=7&page=contribution>
*

*
*Your contribution has been submitted to PayPal Standard for processing.
Please print this page for your records.*
*An email receipt will be sent to rachelstrm at gmail.com once the transaction
is processed successfully.*
 *Contribution Information*
*Amount: $ 8.00 - Table spot (bring your own table)
Date: February 27th, 2012 2:14 PM
*
*Zine Fest Exhibitor*
 *Exhibitor Name(s)* *Champaign Urbana Occupy* *Address* *Champaign-Urbana*
*City* *Champaign* *State* *Illinois* *Distro/Press/Organization* * *
*Description
of Exhibitor(s) Work* *Champaign-Urbana Occupy is offering zines that
document Occupy organizing in C-U, personal testimonies, and radical art
for sale and swapping.* *Website URL* *www.occupycu.org* *Categories of
zines or materials you will exhibit* *Radical Art* *Anything else you'd
like to tell us?*