[OccupyCU] Fwd: [cchcc-l] Local Non-Profit Celebrates 35 Years of Grassroots Organizing for Health Care Access & Justice!

s.hansen at comcast.net s.hansen at comcast.net
Tue Jul 10 17:03:53 UTC 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Champaign County Health Care Consumers" <cchcc at healthcareconsumers.org>
To: cchcc-l at lists.shout.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:30:31 AM
Subject: [cchcc-l] Local Non-Profit Celebrates 35 Years of Grassroots Organizing for Health Care Access & Justice!

Dear Friends,

Earlier this month, you may have received a mailing from us entitled,
"Local Non-Profit Celebrates 35 Years of Grassroots Organizing for Health
Care Access & Justice." Champaign County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC) is
celebrating 35 years of grassroots organizing for health care access and
justice! Thanks to your continued support and involvement, CCHCC has had a
definitive and lasting impact on our local health care system since 1977.
Please read on to learn about the many ways our work has improved our local
health care system, and how you can support our ongoing work.

You might be surprised to know that many of the local programs and
services that improve our community's health, and that we now take for
granted, came about as a result of CCHCC's community organizing work -
services such as school breakfast programs in county schools, hospital
financial assistance programs for low-income people, nurse-midwives
programs, prenatal care for low-income women, public health for county
residents, free dental care for low-income county children, and more!
These, and many more programs, are lasting legacies which CCHCC, with your
involvement and support, has given our community.

Please see the link below for "then and now" examples of our work that
highlight CCHCC's impact. We have selected "clippings" from old CCHCC
newsletters to highlight the "then" part of the example. Enjoy!

http://www.healthcareconsumers.org/index.php?action=Display%20Page&id=923

Thanks to your support and involvement - whether as a contributor, a
volunteer, an Advocate, a Task Force member, or someone who responds to
CCHCC's calls to action - CCHCC has had a tremendous impact on our health
care system over the past 35 years.

We stand by our founding premise that meaningful reforms of the health
care system can only take place when consumers are active in the
decision-making process.

Please join us in continuing our work for another 35 years! Imagine what
we might be able to accomplish with your support and involvement!

To make a financial contribution to CCHCC, visit our website here:
http://www.healthcareconsumers.org/index.php?action=Donation

To stay involved, add your name to our e-mail list here:
http://www.healthcareconsumers.org/index.php?action=Display%20Page&id=674

If you have received this e-mail because you are already on our e-mail
list, feel free to forward this message to a friend.

As always, thank you for your support and involvement!

Sincerely,

Claudia Lennhoff,
Executive Director

Champaign County Health Care Consumers