[OccupyCU] Get On the Bus From CU to Chicago to Protest NATO May 20th!

Sarah Lazare sarah.lazare at gmail.com
Mon May 14 17:04:26 UTC 2012

***PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY***

There is *still room* on the bus heading from Champaign-Urbana to the NATO
summit protests this coming Sunday, May 20th. Seats on this bus are
*FREE*(costs are covered by the GEO)
*. *Join folks from Occupy Champaign-Urbana, the GEO, AWARE, The Catholic
Worker, and other labor and community groups in protesting NATO!* If you
are interested, contact Theresa Scott to reserve a seat. She can be reached
at 215-962-1871 or <msscott729 at yahoo.com>.*

The bus to Chicago will leave from Champaign-Urbana the morning of *Sunday,
May 20th* at* 7:30am SHARP* at the *corner of John and Wright Streets, in
front of Altgeld Hall*. We expect that there will still be some seats
available day-of, so if you haven't registered in advance, you can still
show up morning of the 20th in hopes of getting a seat, but it is better to
reserve your seats in advance.

We'll be joining in the Iraq Veterans Against the War and CANG8 march (more
info here <
http://www.ivaw.org/blog/nato-call-action-march-veterans-justice-and-reconciliation>
and here <http://cang8.wordpress.com/author/cang8/>. We'll show up in time
for the noon rally. The step off of the IVAW/cang8 march is slated for 2
p.m. with the ceremonial return of medals to happen at approximately 3:15
p.m. Following that, we will return home.

Currently, we are proposing that we meet back at the morning bus drop-off
location (the corner of Jackson Boulevard and Columbus Drive) at 5:00 p.m.
That means that anyone who would like a ride back with us, but who did not
take the bus to Chicago, should meet us there. HOWEVER, there is a good
chance that the departure location will change. We are unsure where to tell
the bus to pick us up due to projected street closures in the proximity to
the NATO meetings so for now we will meet back at Jackson and Columbus at
5:00 p.m. That should give people enough time to walk back the 2 miles to
the bus and maybe pick up something to eat along the way.

We hope you'll consider getting on the bus!!