[OccupyCU] Fwd: Homer to Reconsider Raw Water Sale to Mine Tonight

s.hansen at comcast.net s.hansen at comcast.net
Mon Apr 8 18:05:29 UTC 2013

FYI

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Jonathan Ashbrook" <jonashbrook at gmail.com>
To: "Jonathan Ashbrook" <jonashbrook at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 8, 2013 11:30:48 AM
Subject: Homer to Reconsider Raw Water Sale to Mine Tonight

Hello everyone,

We received word on Friday that the a genda for tonight's Homer Village Board Meeting includes reviewing Sunrise Coal's request to supply raw water for washing coal at the proposed mine.

After nearly a year of public debate, a majority of Homer Village Trustees have made clear that they are opposed to selling water to wash coal. And yet, once again it appears that the Salt Fork is back on the auction block. Tonight, Homer board members need to hear from people who support preserving our precious water resources from coal mining!

Help us tell Sunrise Coal that the Salt Fork is not for sale. Please attend the Homer Village Board meeting, tonight, Monday April 4th, 2013 at 7:00 pm, located at 500 E Second St. in Homer.

Thank you for your support.

ACT NOW:  Please contact your Village Board members today and ask them to say no to selling any more water to Sunrise Coal .

    • Mike Johnson,   buynowjohnson at yahoo.com
    • Ray Cunningham,   (217) 896-2558 , raycunn at gmail.com
    • Guy James,  (217) 896-2493 , guyjames47 at yahoo.com
    • Kevin Knott,  (217) 714-2290 , kwknott at aol.com
    • Larry Mingee,   (217) 896-2487
    • Roy Woodmansee,   (217) 896-2430

Sincerely,

Jonathan Ashbrook for Stand Up to Coal

Don't forget: updated information is always available at our website: http://www.standuptocoal.org

***
To unsubscribe from this email list, please reply to this email with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
***