[OccupyCU] Fw: [CentralILJwJ] Fwd: PENSION BULLETIN RED ALERT

David Johnson dlj725 at hughes.net
Mon Jan 7 15:40:56 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Barbara kessel
To: JWJ
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 1:04 AM
Subject: [CentralILJwJ] Fwd: PENSION BULLETIN RED ALERT

>From Chicago AFT.....

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: MICHAEL RUGGERI
Date: Sunday, January 6, 2013
Subject: PENSION BULLETIN RED ALERT

 This is it -- Red Alert!
TEACHERS - Retired and Active ... RED ALERT! Please forward this E-Mail!

This Is IT!  Quinn and Madigan have made a deal with House Republicans -- bottom line is they will move to correct the states financial mess on the backs of  retired Teachers and Teachers yet to retire. Bottom Line is that the Madigan/Quinn deal will mean reduced benefits, reduced pensions for us all!

This is not a drill. This is not hyperbole. This is not an exaggeration -- they are coming after our pensions.  Fairness has no role in Madigan and Quinn's "Non Reform, Reform"  .....none. There is no other interpretation they just went after teachers.

Teachers must stand up and fight back against Quinn and Madigan. No one else will come to help us.  Teachers need to Stand-Up, Unite and Fight Back ....OR we will see our pensions reduced and damaged, our benefits cut.

The Illinois House is coming back into session Sunday night (unprecedented) to begin work on the Non Reform "Reform" of Teacher Pensions.  They are likely to vote Monday or at the latest Tuesday (midnight) to send a "pension killer bill" to the Senate.

It's all maddeningly, frustratingly secret...not even a bill number....only hints as to the details. That makes things confusing and harder to fight (That is by design not by accident).

PLEASE start calling, emailing your State Representative now!  Spread the word. Forward this E-mail. Play Paul Revere!  We had a 1000 teachers in Springfield -- Thursday and Friday.  We need 10, 20, 30, 40 times that number calling, emailing, visiting, petitioning our State Reps NOW. We have maybe 48 hours ...perhaps three days absolute MAX to make a difference.

   Please call your state legislators starting now ...continue
to call Sunday afternoon (Jan. 6).  and  on Monday (Jan.7) and Tuesday (Jan. 8).  Email for good measure!

It's easy to do!  Use the We Are One Illinois hotline to contact your representatives.

The hotline number is 888-412-6570.

Just follow the prompts and you will be connected to your state representative - only the House will be in session Sunday evening and Monday and Tuesday !!

When you get your legislator's staff person on the phone, be sure to tell him/her to:
        • Oppose any proposal to cut benefits for retired employees.
        • Vote NO on any pension bill that has not been negotiated with and approved by the IEA-IFT!!
        • Work with the IEA to develop a fair and constitutional solution to the pension problem.
        • Support revenue solutions to the pension problem, not benefit cuts.
        • Emphasize that --YOU ARE A CONSTITUENT. YOU VOTE! You do not Vote for Pension Killers!!

Recent Activity:
Visit Your Group
 Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use • Send us Feedback .