[OccupyCU] Fwd: [Discuss] Invitation to CUCPJ campaign meeting on the jail issue-Jan 31st, 6PM, IMC

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:13:30 UTC 2013

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Discuss] Invitation to CUCPJ campaign meeting on the jail
issue-Jan 31st
Date: 	Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:19:59 -0600
From: 	James Kilgore <jjincu at gmail.com>
To: 	CUCPJ <discuss-communitycourtwatch at lists.chambana.net>

On January 31st, Champaign Urbana Citizens for Peace and Justice (CUCPJ)
will hold our first community wide strategy meeting for the campaign to
stop the construction of a $20 million jail in our county. Though our
campaign efforts have yielded considerable success so far, our work is
not over. We need your help and support. We invite all CUCPJ members,
people from other organizations involvedin criminal justice and
interested individuals to join us on the 31^st at 6 p.m. at the
Independent Media Center, 202 N. Broadway, Urbana.

At this meeting we will review our past work, present some proposals for
how to move forward and dialog with everyone present to help chart the
details of the campaign for 2013.

We hope you will be able to attend. Please bring friends and other
people interested in this vital issue.We need to make this a
community-wide effort.2013 is going to be a turning point for the
criminal justice system in Champaign County. Our voices must be heard.

People before jail cells! See you on the 31st.

--
James Kilgore
Research Scholar