[OccupyCU] Fwd: Schedule of upcoming events for CUCPJ, Jail and War on Drugs issue

s.hansen at comcast.net s.hansen at comcast.net
Mon Jan 28 15:18:35 UTC 2013

FYI

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "James Kilgore" <jjincu at gmail.com>
To: "James Kilgore" <jjincu at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:41:37 PM
Subject: Schedule of upcoming events for CUCPJ, Jail and War on Drugs issue

-Jan. 31, 6pm - jail strategy meeting at IMC

-Feb. 5 - "The House I Live In" film screening at Art Theater-

-Feb 19- Panel on New Jim Crow at Illini Union 1130-130

-Feb 20- Michelle Alexander speaks at Illini Union 6-9 p.m.

-Feb. 27-Mar. 2 - Neill Franklin, Clifford Thornton
  -Feb. 27 6-9pm - Planner's Network meeting-Asian American Culture House at U of I
  -Feb. 28 - event at Levis Faculty Ctr 5:30-8:30pm
  -Feb. 29 - Salem event 5:30-8:30pm

For info on speakers click on links below:

Neill Franklin is former a narcotics officer and executive director of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition ( LEAP ), and Clifford Thornton is anti-Drug War activist and co-founder of Efficacy .

James Kilgore
Research Scholar
Center for African Studies
University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign)
check the website for my new book: http://freedomneverrests.com