[OccupyCU] Fwd: Job Opening | Part-Time Summer Bookkeeper Position Available

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Fri May 10 20:38:46 UTC 2013

Greetings,

Please help us circulate this job announcement to folks you think could be
interested! We at Channing Murray are looking to fill this position quickly
and will begin reviewing applications immediately. The job announcement is
also attached as a docfile. *Please forward widely. *

Warmly,
Rachel

*PART-TIME SUMMER BOOKKEEPER*

Part-Time Summer Bookkeeper Position (15 hrs./week), Channing Murray
Foundation, 1209 W. Oregon St. Urbana, IL 61801

Channing Murray Foundation (CMF), local Unitarian-Universalist Campus and
Community Center, seeks a part-time Summer Bookkeeper to begin immediately
and continue to Sunday, August 25th, 2013 for 3hrs/day, 5 days a week.
There is the opportunity for a permanent position. Candidate will be
responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, handling
parking and space rental contracts, calendar maintenance, answering phones
when needed, and any other basic office duty when needed. The Summer
Bookkeeper will report directly to the Director and Board of Governors.

We are especially looking for candidates with a strong work ethic, passion
and enthusiasm for UU principles and social justice, and an interest in
being part of a growing community center. *Review of applications will
begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. *

*Desired Qualifications:*

·         Proficiency with Quickbooks, basic accounting, and Microsoft
Office Suite ( including Word, Excel, Publisher)

·         Strong communicator who can greet walk-ins, demonstrate excellent
customer service to renters, and communicate needs/updates to our Board of
Governors and Director

·         Ability to follow instructions, self-start, and work
independently without close supervision

·         Strong organizational skills and work ethic

·         Mature judgment and ability to problem-solve independently

·         An understanding of and commitment to Unitarian Universalist
principles*

The Channing Murray Foundation is an AA/EEO employer. Women and people of
color are strongly encouraged to apply.

*Candidates *do not need* to be affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist
community or identify personally as Unitarian-Universalist. It is merely
our hope that potential candidates share our progressive values of social
and environmental justice, peace, and cooperation/collectivism.

*Compensation: *

$8.50/hr.

*To Apply:*

Attach in an email your cover letter, resume, and contact information
(name, address, phone number, email) for 3 people who can serve as
references by email to: office at channingmurray.com