[OccupyCU] Invitation to JWJ June meeting

pat.simpson at comcast.net pat.simpson at comcast.net
Fri May 24 14:14:01 UTC 2013

Hello all. All interested parties are invited to the June meeting of the Central Illinois Jobs with Justice Chapter to discuss ways in which all C-U progressive groups and individuals can better cooperate in the future. At minimum it would be nice if we could better coordinate our calendars so that we are not scheduling important events on the same day.

One idea that we are already implementing is a Progressive Potluck at Channing Murray Foundation in the Fall. At such a potluck in addition to having individuals and groups socialize, we could have representatives from respective groups report on actions they are engaged in and planning for in the upcoming period. Some JWJ reps recently went to an event such as this where local progressive groups in the environmental arena came together in a similar fashion and it was quite successful (by the way we would want environmental groups represented at the potluck, too).

The meeting starts at 9:30 am at Channing Murray on June 15th. Hope to see you there.

Solidarity,

Pat Simpson for Central Illinois JWJ