[OccupyCU] Fw: The Threat of Charter Schools and What we can do to stop it !

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 11 09:31:11 EDT 2014

CENTRAL ILLINOIS JOBS WITH JUSTICE MEETING SATURDAY APRIL 19TH

Central Illinois Jobs with Justice will be sponsoring a meeting on Saturday April 19th at 9:30 AM at the Channing Murray Foundation Church, corner of Mathews and Oregon in Urbana.
The meeting will present two members of Northern Illinois Jobs with Justice, Mary Shesgreen and John Laesch, who have been instrumental in getting support in the Illinois Legislature for several Bills that will curtail and limit the anti-Union Corporate Charter School agenda.
They will also discuss HOW they were able to organize successful community support and resistance to corporate charter schools in Northern Illinois.
Central Illinois has not YET been effected by corporate charter schools, but anti-Union corporate special interests are still expanding in Illinois and WE need to know what to do when they begin to infiltrate our community and threaten public schools as well as the standards of Unionized Teachers and Education Support Staff.
We encourage rank and file Teachers and Support Staff to attend this crucial meeting.

Channing Murray Foundation Church
Corner of Mathews and Oregon
9:30 AM Saturday April 19th

For more information please contact David Johnson at ;
217-721-0583
davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net