[OccupyCU] Excellent Analysis of what is REALLY going on in Iraq/ ISIS

David Johnson via OccupyCU occupycu at lists.chambana.net
Fri Aug 22 09:29:07 EDT 2014

*ROVING EYE*
*The killer on the (Saudi) king's highway*
By Pepe Escobar

    /There's danger on the edge of town
    Ride the king's highway, baby
    Weird scenes inside the gold mine
    Ride the highway west, baby
    /*The Doors*, /The End/

The killer awoke before dawn. He put his American desert boots on. He
took a knife from the ancient gallery. And he walked on down the hall -
bathed in desert sunlight.

The killer spoke with a British accent (London's East End?) Father
(Saud), I want to kill you. Mother (Langley?) I want to...

yeeeaaahh, c'mon! Then the sartorially composed Man in Black beheaded
American photojournalist James Foley.

This is not the end, beautiful friend. It's just a new beginning in the
never-ending Global War on Terror. Now starring Papa Saud's brand new
bag - The Caliph and his goons. This is the way Shock and Awe morphs
into "Assad must go" morphs into Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, morphs
into The Caliph's Black Britannia goon responding to "humanitarian"
bombing. I'm my own baby now. Watch me work. Bring it on.

Choice scenery. Good sound and vision production values. Careful
editing. No unnecessary gore. No blood splattering. No /Allahu Akbar/
shrieks. "A Message to America", indeed - but most of all a message to
the Ummah. As in we're the Men in Black badasses. We run The Caliphate.
We're no mere death cult; we're winners. And we take no prisoners.

And why did Islamic State, formerly ISIS, become winners? Because the
"West" regimented, schooled, trained, logistically helped and weaponized
most of IS's Takfiri goons with a mission at hand: to destroy Syria. The
"West" lauded them as "Syrian rebels". Freedom fighters.

Washington even promoted Jabhat al-Nusra (the official al-Qaeda
franchise in Syria, and a "terrorist organization", according to the
State Department) as "good" jihadis, as well as the preferred Saudi
combo, the Islamic Front.

No wonder after photojournalist James Foley was kidnapped in November
2012 the Washington-sanctioned version was that he was being kept by
"Assad must go" forces in a prison near Damascus.

*Slouching towards Mecca *
The House of Saud, directly and indirectly, and the proverbial wealthy
Gulf Cooperation Council donors are the Mom and Dad of ISIS. All duly
vetted/approved by the industrial-military-Orwellian-Panopticon complex.

And yet "Assad must go" had other ideas for Syria. He didn't go. He and
his army resisted and counter-attacked. So the original mission in Syria
morphed across the (non-existent) desert border towards Iraq. ISIS kept
expanding - via extortion, kidnapping, captured oil fields, tribal
smuggling networks.

The killer spoke with a British accent. Yet he may not be just a
well-paid mercenary (500 from Britain, 700 from France, 500 from
BelgiumâEUR¦ ). He's most certainly a true believer in the wider IS
medievalist ideology as well as its no-holds-barred sectarian methods.

How convenient that IS strategy is totally divide and rule. Totally
balkanization of Iraq. Totally mum on Israel's slow-motion ethnic
cleansing of Gaza. Totally useful in wagging the (beheading) dog to make
the world forget about Gaza.

Moroever, IS/ISIS strategy, stripped to the bone, is Pentagon manual;
clear, hold and build - then expand (to an area larger than Great
Britain). It's even Pentagon manual redux - as in building "coalitions
of the willing" (see the alliance with "remnants" - Rummy talk - of the
Saddam regime propelling their northern Iraq summer offensive.)

How convenient that the mighty Orwellian/Panopticon complex satellite
maze could not identify a long convoy of gleaming white Toyotas crossing
the desert towards their summer conquests. And how convenient that a
Briton beheading an American - what a "special relationship" plot twist!
- fully sanctions the Return of Iraq Bombing ("for months", in Obama's
words); more strikes; more drones; perhaps more boots on the ground;
perhaps, in the near future, a Syria extension.

IS also took over Tikrit, the birthplace of Saddam, in their summer
adventure. Now Baghdad's military are trying to take it back. IS
welcomed them with minefields, booby-trapped buildings, an array of
snipers and hardcore mortar fire. How convenient that Obama's
"humanitarian" bombs are not involved in R2P ("responsibility to
protect") Saddam's birthplace. What really matters is the US consulate
in Erbil, scores of CIA operatives and vast Big Oil interests in Iraqi
Kurdistan.

And then there's this ultimate plot twist; a pearl by a dissident Saudi
researcher (in Arabic). He argues, in detail
<http://www.al-akhbar.com/node/213722>, that IS is essentially a revival
of "pure" Wahhabism; not only that IS comes from outside the House of
Saud's dominions - in Iraq and the Levant - but tries hard to shatter
the monarchy's legitimacy.

The House of Saud's counterpunch to the Arab Spring was (and remains)
all about destroying or at least isolating the Muslim Brotherhood as an
alternative Islamic rule/role model. Yet now comes IS - brimming with
religious justification (however warped); military know-how; and an army
of true - and well paid - believers.

Ride the king's highway, baby. No staged/not staged beheading could
possibly top the ultimate blowback: the "West" nurturing the Beast who
would slouch towards Mecca to finally behead the House of Saud. And
those killers shall also speak with a British accent.

/*Pepe Escobar* is the author of /Globalistan: How the Globalized World
is Dissolving into Liquid War
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0978814820/simpleproduction/ref=nosim>
/(Nimble Books, 2007), /Red Zone Blues: a snapshot of Baghdad during the
surge
<http://www.amazon.com/Red-Zone-Blues-snapshot-Baghdad/dp/0978814898>
/(Nimble Books, 2007), and /Obama does Globalistan
<http://www.amazon.com/Obama-Does-Globalistan-Pepe-Escobar/dp/1934840831> /(Nimble
Books, 2009). /