[OccupyCU] Class Warfare and the Militarization of Police

David Johnson via OccupyCU occupycu at lists.chambana.net
Thu Sep 4 23:29:56 EDT 2014

>From The WarZone

Class Warfare and the Militarization of Police

The events unfolding in Ferguson Mo are the direct result of the
enormous transfer of wealth from working class Americans and the poor to
the profit parasites that control not only our economy, but all branches
of government and the access to real democracy. Ferguson is a microcosm
of the class war growing in intensity across America in which ordinary
people are being murdered at alarming rates. Race, gender, sexual
orientation, ethnic background and age are wielded as weapons to divide
unaware Americans.

Those of us who once trusted the justice system have found corrupt
courts, judges and even the Supreme Court has bowed to corporate
control. The majority of the Supreme Court, installed by Republicans,
could care less about justice, freedom, and Democracy, but whore
themselves to the likes of the Koch brothers, the National Chamber of
Commerce, and those who have spent decades gathering America’s resources
under their control. Food, fresh water and energy are now tightly
controlled by a few of America’s wealthy elite. Privatization of public
water, control of both sides of the aisle, the Pentagon and its
resources, guarantee the tyranny “we the people” will suffer in the not
so distant future.

If this article sounds like a grand conspiracy theory, it is. Webster
defines conspiracy as “a plan or act of two or more persons to do an
evil act”. Nothing could be more evil or un-American than denying the
majority real democracy, freedom, and access to fair and unbiased
courts. Of course the mainstream media does its best to cast suspicion
on anyone who dares expose this massive conspiracy to which they are an
integral part. The corporate dollars they receive in advertising profits
far out-weigh the public’s interests. Nothing can be more evil than a
media hell-bent on deceiving “we the people”.

Orwell’s 1984 has arrived but it is difficult to envision. The
Republican’s and the Demicans are on the same page with one jealous of
the other for stealing their thunder. It is a race to sell America to
the highest bidder in a class war on ordinary Americans who have no
champions and little hope, while facing powerful enemies.

The moneyed class have numerous foundations, universities, and agencies
who have determined how long America’s resources will last and how to
capture what remains. Water, fuel, power, food, and even breathable air
have been studied for the purpose of sustaining the ruling class.
Currently, Fresh water is being depleted at an alarming rate with
fracking oil shale, oil exploration, pollution, and mining threatening
current supplies. The trend to privatize municipal water will threaten
access to water by ordinary Americans and force residents to pay
exorbitant prices. Greedy corporations will hold communities hostage for
a simple drink of water. The popular movie, “Hunger Games”, is much
closer to reality than we care to believe.

The militarization of policing agencies in the St Louis area is the tip
of the iceberg as cities across the US have been deluged with military
weaponry. The military has provided tanks, drones, attack helicopters,
rockets, armored vehicles, and an alarming array of automatic weapons
for the explicit use on American citizens. We must ask ourselves why
this extreme arming is necessary and who is driving the effort. Even
more chilling, the patriot act and anti-democratic laws have armed
America’s enemies with immoral court protections.

Those who have decided for the rest of us, who gets the spoils of
declining resources, are making the decision to arm police agencies. If
you doubt they will use them on Americans, just remember Kent State or
Civil Rights protests where Police and the National Guard murdered
Americans. Where was the media in the Deep South when African Americans
were being beaten, arrested, murdered, and tortured by police? In those
days, I never once heard CBS, NBC, or CBS refer to the violence as
police violence. When Martin Luther King was assassinated, not one major
network investigated even though there was clear evidence police
agencies were involved in his death.

It is no different in labor struggles when police, the National Guard,
or federal agencies are brought in to break strikes. Strikers are
beaten, arrested, framed and discredited routinely. Anything the
corporation wants, it gets. The common thread among struggles in
American is the corporation. The masters of greed are the genesis of
every social ill haunting American society. They know eventually
ordinary Americans are going to be forced to resist and they must have
the means to put down social unrest even if it means slaughtering
American citizens. “We the People”, are expendable and of little importance.

Protect and Serve who is the question. It certainly is not “we the people”.

Mike Griffin

WarZone Education Foundation

Decatur IL