[Peace-discuss] Submitting Petitions

Alfred Weiss awweiss at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 21 16:03:34 CDT 2002

Thank you to everyone who has been working so hard to collect
signatures for the Carl Estabrook Congressional Campaign.  As of now
we have 6500 signatures reported and 5800 notarized and turned in.
We should have well over our goal of 7,000 signatures when we submit
the petitions to the Board of Elections on Monday ensuring there will
be a Green Party Candidate on the ballot in November.  Good work!

If you haven't yet turned in your petitions or are planning on
petitioning this weekend, notary services are available from the
Urbana Free Library on Sunday between 1 and 5 PM and Sunday evening
at the Independent Media Center (212 W Main in downtown Urbana)
between 5 and 8 PM (courtesy of Carol Inskeep).  If you wish to turn
petitions in, we will also be collecting petitions at the IMC between
5 and 8 PM during and just after the AWARE meeting.

We're getting down to the absolute deadline for turning in petitions,
so if you know of anyone who still has petition sheets out, please
let them know about the deadline and have them turn their signatures
into the campaign.  Also, if you are unable to turn your petitions in
on Sunday evening, please let me know so we can make arrangements to
have them picked up (email: awweiss at uiuc.edu, phone: 344-3372).

Thank you to everyone who has helped with this tremendous effort.

Al Weiss