[Peace-discuss] Fw: An anti war GESTURE, not an argument!

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Sun Apr 20 09:04:58 CDT 2003

  Date:         Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:41:18 -0500
  Sender: Planning Educators Electronic Mail Network
                <PLANET at LISTSERV.BUFFALO.EDU>
  From: "William W. Goldsmith" <wwg1 at CORNELL.EDU>
  Subject: An anti war GESTURE, not an argument!
  To: PLANET at LISTSERV.BUFFALO.EDU

  Tim Joseph, the elected Chair of the Tompkins County (Ithaca) legislature, who happens to be a city planner, suggests a novel form of protest.  I like Tim's protest idea:

  I'm proposing a new form of anti-war protest.  I call it, "The Medium of Exchange is the Message" campaign.

  Get a marker (red is good) and write "No War" or some similar message on all the money that passes through your hands.

  If we start getting money back with messages on it, we know we're getting noticed.

  Please join in and circulate the idea as broadly as you can.