[Peace-discuss] anothers warriors thoughts

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Sat Feb 8 11:05:32 CST 2003

As we consider the realties of war another warrior has sent me some thoughts
to consider.

doug

***
The first casualty of war it the TRUTH.
In all forthcoming wars YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN WILL DIE. SOME FOR NO REASON.
Civilians will die with no reason.
The ultimate failure of man is war. A nations mindset to kill results in war.
Women (aside from cloning) are the only ones capable of reproducing their own
kind.  Why are humans killing humans?  Killing another is deemed murder but
if the state sanctions it-then it is OK to kill. An indefensible logical
argument.  How is it that the mindless state can kill in an organized manner
without accountability? Yet individuals doing the same thing are tried and
KILLED for killing.
Resorting to war by a state is analogous to a parent who beats his children
because the parent cannot find an answer-both positions indefensible if one
accepts the tenets of Christianity and almost all other religions.
And so it goes.

XXXX

PS My heart is not with this one and I have a sinking feeling this time that
there will be NO winners--all will lose. Might makes right and the powerful
are always right and ignore rules of civil society.
If we are after the oil has it dawned on anyone that the oil wells can be
contaminated with long acting nerve agent making production impossible also
may contaminate the wells with dirty nuclear material-like Chernobyl.
The government is no longer functioning by advise and consent.
The Constitution say that only congress can declare war. Where is the
declaration of war?  It doesn't exist.  The administration says it supports
strict interpretation of the constitution yet the declaration is missing.
This whole thing is based on one thing GREED.