[Peace-discuss] Dustin Hoffman Refutes Bush & Iraq War

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed Feb 12 08:35:19 CST 2003

Dustin Hoffman, speaking @ Empire Film Awards, London, England

"I believe that [Bush] has taken the events of 9/11 and has manipulated the grief of the country and I think that's reprehensible. I don't think that the reasons we have been given for going to war are the honest reasons. If they are saying it's about the fact they have WMD and that gives us the liberty to pre-empt and strike because we think they might hit us, then what prevents Pakistan from attacking India, what prevents India from attacking Pakistan?  What prevents us from going into North Korea? I believe that this war is about what most wars are about: hegemony, money, power and oil."

 --Dustin Hoffman, last night in London at the Empire Film Awards