[Peace-discuss] Inconsistency

Morton K. Brussel brussel at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 26 11:57:13 CDT 2005

No, Obama does not deserve "the benefit of the doubt". He campaigned
as an antiwar candidate, and has betrayed that commitment, except for
carping about the "execution" --an appropriate word-- of the war.
Crocodile tears. He has behaved like (almost) all the rest of a
discredited Congress, following sheep-like the policies and acts of a
corrupt and venal administration. To compare him to Jefferson and
Lincoln is hilarious. What has Obama done to warrant such comparisons
except to make compassionate(?)--mealy mouthed-- speeches?  AWARE is
an antiwar/antioccupation group, and should not compromise on those
anti-imperial stances. I haven't seen much good come from Obama yet;
he has given the appearance of a typical pol., eager to accrue more
power and status in DC by unfortunate compromises. We must vigorously
take him to task,  as we should do to Durbin as well, when he strays
on vitally important issues we believe in.

My 2¢. --mkb