[Peace-discuss] Deep end?

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 26 13:38:59 CDT 2005

You lost me with the "deep end" comment Mort. But I agree
with you regarding the US's international record. The
Declaration of Independence recognizes the rights of
"all men", not just all Americans. It is now generally
agreed that these rights apply to all women as well, but
US foreign policy rarely acknowledges that foreigners have
rights. There can be no peace without a respect for human
rights in all aspects of public policy, foreign as well
as domestic. We have a lot of work to do.

Bob