[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Bambi in public debate

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 20 16:41:33 CDT 2006

Ricky,

Thank you for your $.02.

Actually I posted the announcement more as an interesting way to watch
Bambi in face-to-face interaction mode (we usually only get to read his
words). The topic of the debate was not of importance for the peace
list. But I did think people should be warned as to the topic, just in
case they were interested in going.

Personally, I have no problem with gay or lesbian relationships. I think
that being gay is not a choice nor any more unnatural than being a
heterosexual is. I also think that any two people who want to make a
permanent partner commitment to each other should be allowed to do so.
And permanent partner relationships should allow for certain things like
health insurance coverage, shared ownership of property, the ability to
have or adopt children...

But I do not expect other peace list members to agree with me on this or
most other non-anti-war issues.

-karen medina