[Peace-discuss] 501c3

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 29 14:37:15 CDT 2006

The IMC is prohibited from taking sides in elections as a part of its
tax-exempt status. The billboard will address the November election,
which would be out-of-bounds for the IMC. We could put up just an
anti-war billboard, but since this is directly tied to a November vote
this is really pushing the envelope. I'll ask at Steering next week,
but I think the answer will be "no", and I think the billboard folks
know this.

What's the standard cost of a billboard?

Bob