[Peace-discuss] Melodye Rosales for Champaign School Board info

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 07:57:39 CDT 2007

I was going to stay out of this, seeing as how I don't live in
Champaign and all, but then, looking at my own sample ballot, I
stumbled across the sample ballot for Champaign.

It turns out that it's "vote for 4" and that doesn't count Mr. Banks
who is running unopposed to fill an unexpired term.

Thus, one could actually vote for all of the candidates who have been
suggested on this list:

> Nathanial Banks

> Melodye Benson Rosales
> Minosca Alcantara
> Chuck Jackson
> Greg Novak

and there is a strategic argument for doing so. To do real strategery,
of course, one would need to know the relative electoral strength of
the various candidates, which I don't.

But putting that to the side, let's suppose that a goal is to block,
say, Grey and Chalifoux, on the grounds that they are "blame parents
first" candidates, as David suggests.

Then it would make sense to vote for 4, because if you only vote for
3, you're abstaining on the vote for the fourth slot. You're saying,
"come on in, Grey and Chalifoux, I have no problem with you being
re-elected."