[Peace-discuss] Re: [CUCPJ Announce] Compare this to Champaign/Urbana

Nora Whipple carbenmommy at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 14:57:53 CDT 2007

Now you all know why I keep telling you to get off of your butts, make an appointment with Senators Durbin and Obama, take me with you to his appointment, and get the trash out of the courthouse.  The trash I am referring to is the crap Judges Difanis, Jones, Blockman and Leonhard dish out.  I think the connections you should be looking for are the similarities between Judge Difanis and Hitler and also Judges Jones, Blockman and Leonhard and SS Service Men.

  Keep the Faith and Get a Set of Bigger Balls to Roll With,

  Nora E. Whipple

  PS.  David Johnson, I did look in a telephone book I kept of the Champaign-Urbana area, and you are either a rich Muslim, have a multiple personality disorder or you have named all your sons and others David.  In any case, which David Johnson are you so that I can call and talk with you about the above matters?
Marti <tvchick at insightbb.com> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                I got this story from the News-Gazette online.  Now in Champaign officers can shoot into the home of a woman and her family while chasing a suspect, but all an officer has to do in Monticello is point his gun at someone to be reprimanded.   Monticello police officer suspended after gun incident  By Christopher Troksa   Thursday July 12, 2007  MONTICELLO – Monticello police Officer David Ballard has been suspended without pay due to allegations that without being provoked, he aimed his service weapon at Monticello attorney David Cox and two other individuals on June 23.
  "His conduct was, in my opinion, criminal," said Cox in a prepared statement.
  Ballard, a Peoria resident, has been a part-time officer in Monticello for the last 11 years. He has been suspended since June 28.
  Cox alleges that Ballard entered his law office at 112 W. Washington in Monticello at 3:20 p.m. June 23. Soon after, Ballard pointed a gun at Cox. Cox's son Jonathan, 18, and John Moreland, 19, were also in the room.
  Those in the office could see only the gun because Ballard shielded himself from their sight in the hallway, according to the statement.
  "I saw a gun peek around the door, and I immediately think, as an attorney that someone who is angry with me, maybe a divorce case, has come to shoot me," Cox said.
  Ballard later walked into the office and demanded identification, which Cox was unable to provide without moving from his seated position. A standoff then ensued for a few minutes, during which Ballard also aimed the gun at Jonathan Cox, according to the statement.
  Ballard told Cox he was "looking for suspects" after an alarm had been tripped at the nearby First-Mid Illinois Bank & Trust office in Monticello. Ballard searched the law office until another officer arrived. The officers left the office without offering an explanation or an apology, Cox alleges.
  Officials at First-Mid said they could not comment on security matters or confirm that police responded to a false alarm.
  The Monticello Police Department concluded an internal investigation of the incident and gave a sealed envelope to Piatt County State's Attorney Leonard Rumery.
  "The criminal case depends on very specific facts of the case, such as whether he drew his gun or whether he came in with the gun drawn," he said.
  Due to his working relationships with Cox and the Monticello Police Department, Rumery has forwarded the report to Chuck Zalar of the special prosecution unit of the State's Attorneys Appellate Prosecutor's office in Springfield. Zalar will assign a special prosecutor to the case.
  "This one's a little unusual," Zalar said.
  He said he anticipates movement on the case "within the next month."
  Monticello Police Chief John Miller said both the FBI and the Illinois State Police have been involved in investigating the incident.
  "All citizens have a right to fill out a complaint, and we have the right and a duty to throughly investigate the complaint," he said.
  Miller said the department has taken all the right steps to comply with the ongoing investigation, but that he could not comment further because it was a personnel issue.
  Cox said he was satisfied with the steps taken by the city and the police department. Ballard did not return a phone message.