[Peace-discuss] on Kucinich and Paul

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 14 20:32:24 CST 2007

You seem to agree with Ronald Reagan, acclaimed as a great president (he
"did some pretty good things despite ... many flaws," perhaps?) even
though 3/4 of the electorate didn't vote for him: at the 1988 Republican
convention, he said "Facts are stupid things."

He was attempting to quote John Adams, who said, "Facts are stubborn
things," which I think is closer to the truth.