[Peace-discuss] gaza crisis proves need for better relations with Iran

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 31 18:02:44 CST 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 02:24:35PM -0600, Robert Naiman wrote:
> Everything. A little bird told me that Barbara is trying to organize a
> local demonstration...

You bet.  In sync with the monthly AWARE one, this Saturday 2-4.

But since Main & Neil has very little traffic since the fire,
I think we should repeat our performance last month and be at
University and State (SE corner of West Side Park) -- walking distance
from old site and should be busy enough to be useful.
I'm about to send an announcement....

We'll want some new signs too.  Suggestions for good words?
It would be good to have time & place for group signmaking.
Hmm, New Year's Day afternoon?  Saturday morning at the IMC?

I heard from a cousin of your bird that there may be *another*
demonstration re Gaza and Israel-Palestine, on the following Saturday
(the 10th)... somewhere.  If they ask me, I'll suggest somewhere on
North Prospect, bleak but full of people on Saturdays.