[Peace-discuss] UPTV invites us (AWARE) to get involved -- do we want to?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 8 11:07:26 CST 2008

Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 10:12:48 -0600
From: Gorman Kate <kagorman at city.urbana.il.us>
Subject: [Aware] Community Spotlight on UPTV
To: aware at anti-war.net

Dear AWARE,

Urbana Public Television would like to thank your organization for its
past support of local public access programming.   We want to invite you
to get involved with UPTV again, and let us help you get your message
out to the cable-viewing audience.

UPTV wants to help your organization produce a short video describing
what you do in the community, how others can get involved with your
cause, or join your group.  Your video would be featured with other
local organizations on the weekly program, "Community Spotlight."  UPTV
can assist you with all the production details.  We have cameras,
tripods, lighting kits and editing software to make your video the best
possible.  You can shoot your segment here, in UPTV's studio, or check
out equipment and shoot on location.

UPTV also has a community bulletin board that runs throughout the day on
Channel 6.  By sending UPTV announcements or activities, you can inform
a wide audience about your organization's upcoming events.  You can even
make your own PowerPoint slide with the event's information, and we can
get it on the air right away.

If you have any questions or just can't wait to get started, give us a
call at (217) 384-2452, send email to UPTV at city.urbana.il.us, or stop by
our office in Urbana's Council Chambers, Monday through Friday from 8:00
a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Let the community know who you are and what you do.  UPTV can help you
make it happen.

Sincerely,

Kate Gorman
Station Manager