[Peace-discuss] DN!: Hersh: Congress Agreed to Bush Request...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 30 21:56:25 CDT 2008

In fact it would have been perfectly legal for members of Congress "to squeal
about those secret operations [or] for Durbin et al. to divulge that they knew
the 'evidence' given for justification for attacking Iraq was bogus" on the
floor of the House or Senate.  The Constitution specifically says of members of
Congress in the "Speech or Debate Clause" (Article I, Section 6, Clause 1) that
"for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any
other Place." --CGE