[Peace-discuss] Constitutional Convention

Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Wed Oct 22 18:29:57 CDT 2008

Neil, you were on a far right radio show? J. Bambanic is also for the Illinois
Constitutional Convention, which scares the heck out of me. So I understand
Neil's comments about Bruno Behrend.

The current Illinois constitution can be amended. So maybe that might suffice
for the moment.

Pro for the con con: impeachment of the governor by the people might be
added to a new constitution.

Con for the con con: the powers of the townships might be taken away in a new
constitution.

Has anyone else been completely appalled by the League of Women Voters
advertisement against the constitutional convention? I heard their advert on the
radio. WIXY 100.3 was playing the advert yesterday.

-karen medina