[Peace-discuss] Call Durbin: Urge strong support for public option

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:30:37 CDT 2009

[From True Majority:]

As many of you likely saw, Senator Durbin wavered this weekend on
national TV when pushed on the public option. Durbin stated that he
would be willing to support other bills on health care reform,
including the infamous (and intolerable) co-op plan. As TrueMajority
members we cannot let actions like these go unnoticed.

We need to take rapid response action and let Durbin know he needs to
fight to keep public option on the table.

Please call Senator Durbin's office as soon as possible in Washington,
DC. Ask for the aide in charge of Health Care and draw from the
following script:

This website makes it really easy
http://www.truemajority.org/callin/special/index.php?callid=7&district=IL07

Thanks!