[Peace-discuss] Habib Ahmadzadeh: Mousavi Must Say Which Ballot Boxes He Disputes

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 14:00:37 CDT 2009

Last night, with the translation assistance of Leila Zand, director of
the Iran program at the Fellowship of Reconciliation, I interviewed
Habib Ahmadzadeh on the dispute over the Iranian election results from
June 12. Perhaps you've heard of Habib Ahmadzadeh. He wrote the
original short script for the Iranian movie "Night Bus," and wrote the
short story "Eagle Feather," both drawing on his experiences as a
soldier in the Iran-Iraq war.

Like many Iranians, including many Iranians who didn't vote for
Ahmadinejad and don't support Ahmadinejad, but whose voices have been
largely absent from Western media, even progressive media, Habib is
deeply skeptical of opposition claims that the Presidential election
on June 12 was "stolen," and has demanded that the opposition provide
specific evidence of its claims.

I have been reaching out to Iranians who have or can get specific
information about what happened on June 12-13. That path led me to
Habib.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/habib-ahmadzadeh-mousavi_b_222483.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/6/29/748092/-Habib-Ahmadzadeh:-Mousavi-Must-Say-Which-Ballot-Boxes-He-Disputes

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/node/240