[Peace-discuss] and now a word from John McCain.

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Tue Sep 22 15:50:18 CDT 2009

<mccain>
My Friend,

Last week the Obama Administration announced the cancellation of plans
to build a missile-defense system in Eastern Europe. I strongly disagree
with the President on this matter of national security. I'm writing to
you because I sincerely believe this decision will damage the strong and
enduring relationships we've forged with the region's nations since the
end of the Cold War at an unfortunate time of renewed Russian
adventurism. And that's why I hope you will take a stand with me today.

Country First is dedicated to helping elect leaders to federal and
statewide offices who will focus on keeping our homeland safe and
secure. I have had the great fortune to serve my country for many years
and I am committed to doing everything in my power to elect leaders who
share our concerns and values for our nation.

But I can't do this alone. I need your support today to elect leaders
who believe national security and defense are priority issues and will
stand up to the Obama Administration when they make decisions that
undermine America's leadership around the world.

Will you follow this link right away to make a generous contribution to
help Country First PAC support these candidates?

We have an important fundraising goal to meet by the end of the month.
I'm counting on you to help us reach this goal and that's why I'm asking
you to make a donation of $25, $50, $100, $250 or more before September
30th to elect strong leaders to office across our country.

We must work together to keep America strong and safe. I hope you share
this sentiment and will show your support for those of us who stand up
to ensure our country's safety and security.

Thank you in advance for your support. </mccain>