[Peace-discuss] AWARE & abortion

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Feb 6 12:43:45 CST 2010

This issue goes back a ways. I think it was someone no longer associated with
AWARE who first raised the issue about AWARE's passing on funds given it, to
other groups, and suggested the practice should be minimized - AWARE money for
AWARE activities, not as fund-raising for others. That seem(s/ed) right to me.

Ricky Baldwin wrote:
> I won't get into the abortion debate this time - I've been heard from enuf on
> that, probably - but I will just say it s true that AWARE has often given to
> a variety of causes, and yet somehow people still seem to like what the group
> does enuf to keep giving.  The buttons and calendars the group sells at the
> Farmers' Mkt, for example, are not restricted to war and racism issues - I
> don't think anyone is misled about who we are.
>
> Ricky
>
> "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes." - Maggie Kuhn

believed to be clean.