[Peace-discuss] [Aware] Any plans for Oct 22nd (National Day Against Police Brutality)?

Carl G. Estabrook via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Mon Oct 20 18:31:53 EDT 2014

Laurel--

Yes, you can invite others to participate. We sit around the Urbana City Council table, so we can accommodate a good number of people on camera, and more in the audience.

Our program is unrehearsed. Members and friends of AWARE who show up for the taping are given approximately equal times to speak.

Here's a recording of a recent program: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXQNr1MTA_w>.

And David Swanson's piece here connects police brutality and war:

On Killing Trayvons
By davidswanson - Posted on 20 October 2014
This Wednesday is a day of action that some are calling a national day of action against police brutality, with others adding "and mass incarceration," and I'd like to add "and war" and make it global rather than national... <http://davidswanson.org/node/4560>

We record tomorrow at noon at the Urbana City Council chambers. You're welcome to join us.

Regards, Carl