[Peace-discuss] Urge Champaign County Dems to back Ellison

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Wed Dec 14 04:15:11 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-20 16:22, Robert Naiman wrote:
> Dear C. G. Estabrook,
>
> Congressional Progressive Caucus co-chair Rep. KEITH ELLISON is
> running to lead the Democratic National Committee. He has been
> endorsed by BERNIE SANDERS, ELIZABETH WARREN, RAUL GRIJALVA, CWA,
> NATIONAL NURSES UNITED, MOVEON, the WORKING FAMILIES PARTY, and PDA.
>

> Rep. Ellison has been a champion for working people and the
> environment. HE OPPOSED THE TRANS-PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP and HELPED LEAD
> THE FIGHT to get the Democratic Party Platform to take an explicit
> stand against the TPP. If chosen to lead the DNC, REP. ELLISON WILL
> RETURN THE FOCUS OF THE PARTY TO BUILDING POLITICAL POWER FOR WORKING
> PEOPLE.   The next meeting of the Champaign County Democratic Central
> Committee is NOVEMBER 30. Champaign County Democrats voted for Bernie
> in the primary by a margin of two to one.

Rep. Keith Ellison: Useless to the Cause of Peace

Earlier this year, the Obama administration reneged on its agreement
with Russia to draw up a list of the jihadist groups Washington
supports, and to make sure they don’t fight alongside al-Qaida. [Rep.
Tulsi] Gabbard’s law would require that the Director of National
Intelligence draw up a list of the jihadi groups that are cooperating
with al-Qaida and ISIS, and update that list every six month, to make
sure none of them get U.S. assistance.

Gabbard models her bill on 1980s Boland Amendment that halted U.S. aid
to the U.S. Contra terrorists, in Nicaragua. She was joined by two
Republican and two Democratic co-sponsors, including Black California
congresswoman Barbara Lee. The bill is endorsed by the Progressive
Democrats of America and the U.S. Peace Council.

But don’t expect it to get effective support from the Progressive Caucus
in the U.S. Congress. Minnesota Black congressman Keith Ellison is
Caucus co-chair – and absolutely worthless to the cause of peace. He
supported the war against Libya and the proxy war in Syria, which is why
he stands a good chance of becoming head of the Democratic National
Committee, where it’s all war, and anti-Russia, all the time.

--<Glen.Ford at BlackAgendaReport.com>