[Peace-discuss] Tackling homelessness and why you can't trust the duopoly

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sat Aug 1 19:06:34 UTC 2020

I wrote:
> Lee Camp (host of "Redacted Tonight") spoke about the coming eviction crisis in
> https://invidio.us/watch?v=nsf_o0LqcvU -- as rent and eviction moratoriums end (with
> no federal rent forgiveness in sight) and people lose their jobs thus making it less
> likely to be able to pay back rent since March, there is a general expectation that
> lots of people won't be able to pay their rent at the end of this month. Therefore
> there will be lots of evictions and the homeless population will increase:

More on this from Jimmy Dore in https://invidio.us/watch?v=LmvGqbayMN4 or
https://youtube.com/watch?v=LmvGqbayMN4

In this segment, Jimmy Dore points to multiple articles on this topic and he puts his
advice in the context of not supporting the people currently in charge in both major
parties.

https://www.wdsu.com/article/local-officials-brace-for-evictions-and-uptick-in-homeless-with-federal-aid-ending/33464645

[1] Referring to https://nitter.net/wdsu/status/1288889594348412935 or
https://twitter.com/wdsu/status/1288889594348412935

> Dore: This is what's called a 'failed state' [...] Bernie Sanders won't even
> fucking scream for you right now. What Bernie Sanders is doing is telling you to
> shut up and vote for Joe Biden. That's what he's doing: 'you'd be irresponsible if
> you didn't vote for a guy who promises not to help you'. What every person who's in
> power should be doing who cares about anyone should be making demands of the
> government and saying you shouldn't vote for anybody who's not going to give you
> Medicare for All. You shouldn't vote for anybody who's not going to give you a UBI
> in the middle of shutting down your business. They gave $5 trillion to the richest
> 1,000 people in the country and you know what they gave you? Nothing. They're
> gonna kick you out of your house. That's right. And who's doing it? Nancy Pelosi.
> Who's doing it? Joe Biden. Who's doing it? Donald Trump. Who's doing it? Mitch
> McConnnell. It's bipartisan screwing.

Then Jimmy Dore played https://invidio.us/watch?v=FqRNnIMDkUY (or
https://youtube.com/watch?v=FqRNnIMDkUY) which is Lawrence O'Donnell in  clip from
the Ralph Nader documentary "An Unreasonable Man"