[Peace-discuss] CIA Democrats running for re-election in 2020

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Thu Aug 27 02:58:21 UTC 2020

 From https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/08/20/ciad-a20.html
> The bottom line: at least 34 Democratic candidates for the House of
> Representatives have a primarily military-intelligence background, up from 30 in
> 2018, as well as three of the party’s 35 candidates for the US Senate, compared to
> zero in 2018. For each branch of Congress, this represents about 10 percent of the
> total.
>
> As we explained in 2018, the extraordinary influx of candidates coming directly
> from the national-security apparatus into the Democratic Party is a two-sided
> process: the Democratic Party establishment welcomes such candidates as a
> demonstration of the party’s unshakeable devotion to the interests of American
> imperialism; and military-intelligence operatives are choosing the Democratic
> Party over the Republican Party in large numbers because they are attracted by the
> Democrats’ non-stop campaign against the Trump administration as too “soft” on
> Russia and too willing to pull out of the Middle East war zone.

The article covers who they are and gives something on each of them. The article also
includes:

> Four of the military-intelligence candidates who lost congressional races in 2018
> are running again in 2020, and are likely to win seats in Congress.

with names and information on these candidates as well.

This is interesting reading, well worth the time.

The candidates include Mary Jennings Hegar who (quoting the article):
> MJ Hegar was an Air Force helicopter pilot who spent three tours of duty in
> Afghanistan on search and rescue operations, in the course of which she was shot
> down once by Taliban fire, wounded, and received a Purple Heart. She came to
> prominence through a lawsuit against the Pentagon policy of barring women from
> combat. She narrowly lost a 2018 race against Republican Congressman John Carter
> in a district outside Austin, Texas, in the course of which her five-minute
> campaign video, promoting her military record in a noxious combination of
> militarism and feminism, became a viral sensation and raised millions in donations
> over the internet.

Was there debate at the time over whether the goals of feminism are better met by
favoring having a woman pull the trigger to kill people (including girls and women)
versus pointing out how feminism is being used to advance a distraction -- equal
opportunity to do horrible things is no argument for equal opportunity at all here
because the US isn't threatened by Afghans, the US is an occupier in Afghanistan and
shouldn't continue the Afghan war?