[Peace-discuss] LTE: "A mistake for Moulton to travel with AIPAC"

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 20:03:30 UTC 2020

Look what else I found on Seth Moulton.

Man, I sure do love that "civilian control of the military," don't you?

https://www.newburyportnews.com/opinion/a-mistake-for-moulton-to-travel-with-aipac/article_e9a94e60-740a-5cb8-8d7d-436494f91b1e.html

A mistake for Moulton to travel with AIPAC
Aug 19, 2015

To the editor:

Congressman Seth Moulton recently traveled to Israel funded by a lobbying
group — this is not acceptable. I believe it is important for our
congressional delegation to learn first-hand about the Middle East, but
congressmen should not accept travel funds for any lobbying group.

Moulton’s trip was under the auspices of the American Israel Public Affairs
Committee (AIPAC), a lobbying group that was dead set against the nuclear
deal with Iran. But, whatever its stance, this trip should have been taken
without the agenda being set by any lobbying group. Moulton’s website
should have been transparent by making it clear that his travel was paid
for by AIPAC.

If Moulton wants our trust, he should take such trips with congressional
travel funds.

Michael Prendergast

Newburyport