[Peace-discuss] Navalny poisoning reporting fails to acknowledge CIA, MI6, and discredited state-funded Bellingcat role in accusing Russia

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Tue Dec 29 21:27:44 UTC 2020

I wrote:
> Aaron Maté's article for The Grayzone
>
> https://thegrayzone.com/2020/12/27/navalny-poisoning-cia-mi6-discredited-state-funded-bellingcat-play-key-role-in-accusing-russia/
>
> cover reasons why there's plenty of room to be skeptical about
> establishment-serving media outlets (such as CNN and Democracy Now) in their claim
> that Russia poisoned opposition activist Alexei Navalny.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=jMliTYf3X_4 is a discussion on The Gaggle (this episode
is hosted by two of the show's co-hosts Peter Lavelle & George Szamuely). They raise
a number of useful questions including: how did Navalny know who he was talking to?
Is it possible Navalny was not speaking with the person he and the establishment
media claim Navalny was speaking to? How did Navalny get this alleged FSB person's
contact info?

What are the real goals of these poisonings that all seem to involve one of the
novichok poisons? The only person who has died from this alleged poison is Dawn
Sterling who (as far as we know) might have been (according to one report) a heroin
addict and thus may have had a precondition which made her easier to kill from many
things. And with all of these poisonings, how much of a threat are they to us really?
Is the goal to keep relations bad between the US and Russia which they choose to
implement by maintaining a low-level threat? Something else (like a Russian organized
crime involvement, as Seymour Hersh has said[1])?

[1]
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/seymour-hersh-interview-novichok-russian-hacking-9-11-nerve-agent-attack-a8459596.html
-- Sy Hersh has not investigated the story but says the Russian mafia is involved in
this:

Seymour Hersh told RT in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJgTiP6WBss