[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Read the 'Harper's letter': it's right

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 22:37:39 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 4:44 PM David Green <davidgreen50 at gmail.com> wrote:

Cancel culture is a serious thing in Woke liberalism, originating in
> no-platforming. It destroys people's careers and lives. It's vicious, such
> as when Nina Paley' film was locally banned. It extends, for example, to
> the woman in Central Park who had to lose her job and career for a
> misdemeanor, no rights, no process, no nothing. Just shaming,
> vindictiveness, cruelty, witch-style. Very serious sociopathic shit,
> people. Very serious. And completely corporate-friendly, one more
> disciplinary methodology in there toolbox. That's the Woke Left. Robin
> DiAngelo style.

I see that on this topic I agree with you, David, and presumably with
Carl.  Cancel culture is something that local community radio station WEFT
has elevated to high art.  I guess I had to experience it myself to fully
realize it.  Thank you for elucidating the phenomenon.

John Wason