[Peace-discuss] COVID-19 eviction ban ends today, what this likely means for job loss and homelessness

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sun Jul 26 01:26:42 UTC 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctaUPbLhW38 -- Caleb Maupin's RT report on the coming
end of eviction moratorium from federally-backed rental units, the related job loss
figures (and trend upward again), and a quote from Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) trying
to lay the blame on Senate Republicans for policy we need but aren't getting.

What's missing from this report is any mention of any of the following:

- a national jobs program,
- Medicare for All (including no mention of the 2 extant bills which could be brought
to the floors of the House & Senate and voted into law if there were the political
will to do this),
- a Universal Basic Income,
- the trillions recently added to the economy (most of which went to the already
wealthy),
- and that there is bipartisan agreement that we ought not have policy which benefits
the poor.

-J