[Peace-discuss] Countering Rightward Drift In The United States: This Struggle Is Long Term

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Mon Nov 2 23:10:21 UTC 2020

David Johnson:
> The "ratchet effect" describes the roles both Republicans and Democrats have
> played in moving our politics to the right for the last 40 years.

Yes; and this helps us put into context the claim that Trump is some kind of unique
threat, a madman beyond compare ("I think Trump is an existential threat. I think
that he is a unique threat. Unmatched." as Abby Martin said to Paul Jay in
https://theanalysis.news/interviews/biden-is-not-on-the-left-but-there-is-a-difference-that-matters-abby-martin/
echoing establishment media).

The Democrats gave him his war budget and billions more. They made fun of his border
wall then they funded his border wall. Certainly not the kind of reaction that jibes
with the namecalling meant to get us to be so fearful that we'll settle for a known
neocon like Biden or Harris, both of whom failed to capture interest in the DNC
corporation primary.