[Peace-discuss] Anyone else can't reliably post to peace/peace-discuss?

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sun Oct 4 02:23:16 UTC 2020

I've had 4 failed posts to peace-discuss all fail because of a blacklist
peace-discuss appear to use at black.uribl.com. The bounced emails came back to me at
the following dates/times:

2020-10-01 shortly before 7:26PM
2020-10-01 shortly before 7:35PM
2020-10-02 shortly before 8:58PM
2020-10-02 shortly before 10:11PM

Has anyone else received bounced emails that were supposed to reach the mailing list?

Also, peace-discuss has trouble reliably emailing me posts to the list. I sometimes
receive an email indicating my subscription was suspended because of previous
delivery problems. I don't understand this issue as none of the over 30 mailing lists
to which I'm subscribed experience this, nor do I hear anything problematic from
individual people who send me one-off emails such as correspondence from friends and
family.

I can only imagine that peace mailing list has a comparable setup and therefore
comparable issues.

I'm not asking for anyone to send me copies of what they post to the list (please
don't; not only would any such effort quickly become annoying, it would not fix the
underlying issues that appear to be unique to these mailing lists). I'd rather know
if filtering email through this or any blacklist is necessary, and if the
black.uribl.com blacklist is tuneable so that subscribers to either peace or
peace-discuss can have their posts always go through to the list and have list posts
always be delivered to subscribers' addresses.

Thanks.