[Peace-discuss] Compelling Syrian gas attack debunking from The Grayzone, Jimmy Dore

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sat Oct 10 21:42:17 UTC 2020

I wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8z4APHDjI (1h 56s) is very worthwhile viewing, and
> can be filed under Russiagate too. Yes, when the OPCW (under its current management
> being told what to do by Western powers including the US) can't challenge its
> inspectors and related experts on the facts, they run for distracting people by
> claiming anyone contradicting the US rep's view is a Russian operative (or somehow
> working at the behest of Vladimir Putin).

Relatedly, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbtTNFmwnWg is Aaron Maté talking to Jimmy
Dore about multiple topics including:

- the U.N. Security Council discussing blocking the OPCW's first Director-General is
not an appropriate witness,

- media silence on the alleged Syrian gas attack which was used to ostensibly justify
the coordinated US/UK/French missile attack which followed. The coordinated missile
attack was likely an attempt at overthrowing Assad in order to install a gas pipeline
and do the bidding of western energy companies,

- how Wikipedia has deprecated The Grayzone (considered not a valid source) for
Grayzone's debunking of the recent coup attempts in Venezuela and thus proving that
neocon interests have editing power over Wikipedia. Wikipedia's saving grace is that
the Mediawiki software (which runs Wikipedia) is free software and all of Wikipedia
articles are licensed to share. So one could make a copy of Wikipedia, using the same
software Wikipedia runs, where one publishes things Wikipedia won't allow us to
publish on wikipedia.org.

I probably can't get UPTV to run this because it comes from Jimmy Dore who swears on
his show. But you can watch it without UPTV.

-J

P.S. In regards to the start of this interview: Dore did not win an I. F. "Izzy"
Stone award, Maté won in 2019 alongside Laura Flanders, Dave Lindorf, and Earth
Island Journal (see
https://www.ithaca.edu/academics/roy-h-park-school-communications/park-center-independent-media/annual-izzy-award).
Also, just before this clip began Dore was talking (on the live feed) about getting
cheaper shirts like the shirt you see him wearing in this clip.