[Peace-discuss] Looking for an explanation of how WikiLeaks did not get the DNC emails?

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Wed Sep 2 23:43:09 UTC 2020

I wrote:
> I'll bet they're also going to talk about the mass surveillance SCOTUS ruling --
> it was illegal and possibly unconstitutional but contributed too little to a case
> where data was used to adversely affect the defendants in one case. See
> https://news.yahoo.com/court-rules-nsa-phone-snooping-181157311.html for more.

Correction: not SCOTUS but a "unanimous three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit Court of
Appeals".

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1301227394511122432 or
https://nitter.snopyta.org/ACLU/status/1301227394511122432 has ACLU's reaction and
https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/1301251393832050688 or
https://nitter.snopyta.org/Snowden/status/1301251393832050688 has Edward Snowden's
reaction.

https://nitter.snopyta.org/ACLU/status/1301227394511122432
> BREAKING: A federal appeals court just ruled that the NSA’s bulk collection of
> Americans’ phone records was illegal.
>
> This ruling, which confirms what we have always known, is a victory for our
> privacy rights.

https://nitter.snopyta.org/Snowden/status/1301251393832050688
> Seven years ago, as the news declared I was being charged as a criminal for
> speaking the truth, I never imagined that I would live to see our courts condemn
> the NSA's activities as unlawful and in the same ruling credit me for exposing
> them.
>
> And yet that day has arrived.

Bill Binney just (rightly) called this collection "fundamentally illegal" and
unconstitutional on Jimmy Dore's show.

-J