[Peace-discuss] Watch "Finkelstein: How Gulf monarchies, PLO leaders, and US neoliberals sold out Palestine" on YouTube

David Green davidgreen50 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 01:47:40 UTC 2020

https://youtu.be/GOvDyl1UDRs

This interview was about to end after 30 minutes, but continued on an
interesting tangent for another 30 minutes in which Finkelstein asserted,
in contradiction to Mate, his disdain for Hanan Ashrawi. Norman proceeded
with some fascinating and revealing (at least to me) comments on Edward
Said, whom he knew somewhat. Finkelstein approaches criticism of the Woke
pro-Palestine movement in this country, and BDS, but stops short of where I
thought he might go.

Finkelstein describes what he sees as the death of the Palestinian freedom
movement. I think he's quite correct, as well as vindicated in his
consistent stances. But the Woke Palestine movement, Mondoweiss, JVP, etc.
has yet to get the news.